Sunday, January 4, 2015

YET... I Will Rejoice

Though that which I've planted has grown, but shows no fruition
Though there is no fruit on my vine,
Though that which has burst forth with harvest in years past now fails
And the seeds I have sown show no signs of reaping,
Though I cannot find one sheep in my keeping 
And not so much as one meager lean old cow, let alone a fatted calf to my name,
YET I will REJOICE in The Lord!
I will be JOYFUL in God my Savior!
For the Sovereign Lord is my STRENGTH;
He makes me as nimble and steady as a deer that treads on the mountainside, 
Allowing me to reach the highest heights!

~Habakkuk 3:17-19 (Jessica Standard Version)


Determined to get back into the Word more this year, I was prompted to start with Habakkuk. Short and sweet. And was looking for a verse the other day that  I'd remembered being in there, that was actually in Isaiah - haha, so decided to revisit Habakkuk and re-familiarize myself with his story.

And what I found was myself and my own heart's cry in those pages. 

How long, O Lord, must I call out to You
And You will not hear?
I cry out to You... 
Yet You do not answer.

Lord, how can You bless the godless and allow them to prosper
And turn a deaf ear to those who love You?

This is the Lord's reply - to Habakkuk, as well as myself:

Look... and be amazed! Watch and be astounded at what I will do!
For I am doing something in your own day; something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it!

Things I plan won't happen right away. I work slowly, steadily.
If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
The proud trust in themselves, but the righteous will live by their faith. 

Even though....

It may feel like He's distant and removed.
Your life feels stalled out with not much to show for it.
What once held promise now is gone.

Wait patiently...

He's there. And He hears every heart's cry.
He has a plan for Your life; a plan He is working out even now.
A plan that offers promise. And hope. And a future. (Jer 29:11)

Rejoice in The Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment